Apple Ginger Spread
This is a very easy to prepare recipe that will only take 10 minutes to prepare. It will only take 3 minutes to cook. A fast recipe for a delicious spread. This spread will serve great at any breakfast, lunch, or dinner table. It is excellent for serving on biscuits or toast. It is even great served with baked chicken. Beside baked chicken it will go great served with any meat. It sure is delicious on hot buttered rolls. It will store well in the fridge. It can also store well in a jar with a lid. This spread can also make an excellent gift in a little decorative jar. Kids love the taste of apple ginger spread on toast. It really adds flavor to breakfast meals. The spread may even be warmed in the microwave. This is excellent for packing in a lunch box for take along lunches. You may also substitute cinnamon in place of the ginger and the result will be an apple cinnamon spread.
A very delicious homemade spread is much better than the store bought because it is not packed with all the preservative. It has the fresh homemade taste. This recipe is perfect for those who do not have the time to spend countless hours in the kitchen. It is a real time saver. This recipe is very nutritious because it contains a high amount of vitamin C that comes from the applesauce. A delightful and healthy addition to any table. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving this flavorful spread to your family, friends, and guests as much as I do. It great for keeping on hand for unexpected visitors because it can be served with almost anything and will taste great.
3 1/2 cups of sugar
2 cups of apple sauce
1 cup of water
1 box of powdered fruit pectin
2 teaspoons of ginger
1. Measure the sugar and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, mix the applesauce and water. Add the fruit pectin and mix well.
3. Bring the mixture to a hard boil. Stir in the sugar and ginger. Bring to a full boil and boil for 1 minute. Stir frequently.
4. Remove from the heat. Skim off any foam. Pour the mixture into a hot glass jars. Cover the jar immediately. Store in a cool dry place.
5. After the spread is comppletly cooled it is ready to serve.
1. Apple-Ginger Jam – Food in Jars
2. quince & apple | small batch preserves and syrups from the upper …